Oral health plays a major role in our everyday life, and it directly affects the overall health of a person. Family dentistry emphasizes just that. It involves the dental treatment of all the members of a family, regardless of age. A family dentist is a doctor who specializes in common oral procedures, such as cleaning, whitening, tooth extractions, treating cavities, gum diseases and other oral infections.
What are the benefits of a family dentist?
- One dental office: Imagine taking individuals of your family to different dentists for their respective oral treatments. It can be pretty hectic and time-consuming. But with a family dentist, all individuals of your family can visit the same dental practice and have their oral issues dealt with effectively.
- A deeper understanding of a family's dental needs: Once you start visiting the same family dentist for a few years, your dentist would have a well-maintained record of your dental history and the treatments you’ve had in the past. This would make it easy for him/her to treat any new oral conditions that you develop.
- Kid-friendly: Children usually make a fuss when they have to visit the dentist. But family dentists treat children in a friendly and playful way, which makes them totally comfortable during the treatment.
- Lifelong patients: Kids often copy what their parents do. If they see their parents coming in for regular check-ups at the dentist, they’re likely to visit their dentist as they grow and have fewer dental problems as a result.
What common conditions does a family dentist treat?
- Cavities: A significant proportion of people in the United States suffer from dental cavities. The reason for this is excessive consumption of sugary and sticky foods, high acidity diets, and improper brushing and flossing. Cavities will have to be treated at an early stage and filled using a composite filling material before it affects the adjoining teeth and gums.
- Tartar accumulation: The accumulated plaque and tartar will be removed using ultrasonic scaling devices. It prevents the onset of gum diseases and helps maintain optimum oral health.
- Discoloration: Teeth discoloration is very common, and is caused by consuming colored foods, beverages, and improper brushing. We can help you get whiter teeth with our advanced whitening techniques that are quick and long-lasting.
- Malocclusion: Misaligned and crooked teeth ruin the aesthetics of the mouth. People with malocclusion feel less confident while interacting with others. We offer solutions such as Invisalign to help you get perfectly aligned teeth.
- Oral infections: Gum diseases could be a direct cause of oral infections. They can cause inflammation, bleeding, and also tooth loss. If required, a gum surgery will be performed and the appropriate medication will be prescribed.
Call us today or schedule an appointment online with Dr. Singh to have her examine you or your family members.